Turnaround Time: 6-8 days
- 87046, Additional Pathogens culture; stool
- 87045, Bacteriology culture, aerobic; stool
- 87328, Cryptosporidium; stool
- 87209, Day 2 Parasitology, trichrome; stool
Test Type: Kit-Based, Stool
0-99 years Neg
Culture, PCR + Parasitology; stool
The CPP profile is an important tool for identifying imbalances in intestinal microflora. It includes comprehensive bacteriology and yeast cultures to identify the presence of beneficial flora, imbalanced flora including Clostridium species, and dysbiotic flora, as well as detection of infectious pathogens and parasites by PCR and other gold standard methods. Antimicrobial susceptibility testing to prescriptive and natural agents is also performed for appropriate cultured bacterial and fungal species at no additional charge. Parasitology testing can include one-, two- or three-day collection, based on practitioner preference.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms
- Autoimmune Disease
- Food Sensitivities
- Nutritional Deficiencies
5-8 mL stool (Fill-to Line)
Stool collection container
1 Black-capped vial (Total-Fix Media).
Alternative: Any SAF media (sodium acetate formalin).
Volume 2 mL stool (Half full)
Media is expired No media
Room temperature: 21 days
Refrigerated: 21 days
37°C/99°F: Not Determined
HOW TO COLLECT YOUR STOOL SAMPLE
Write the Patient’s Name, Date of Birth and the Date Collected on each Specimen Vial. Make sure to use the correct vials for each day of collection.
1. Put on glove and collect stool into the paper collection container supplied. If possible, void urine prior to collecting stool to avoid mixing it with the stool sample.
2. Remove the cap from the vial and using the attached spoon transfer stool specimen into the vial. Take multiple portions from different areas of the collection container.
3. Add enough stool until it reaches the fill line. DO NOT OVERFILL. Screw the cap on tightly.
4. BLACK and YELLOW vial only: Shake the vial vigorously for approximately 30 seconds to mix stool with preservative. WHITE vial does not contain preservative, and does not need to be shaken.