Turnaround Time: 5-7 days
Test Type: Kit Based, Urine/Salivary
This panel provides a comprehensive view of HPA axis function. Included is a full diurnal cortisol pattern, DHEA, and 6 primary neurotransmitters (inhibitory and excitatory). Symptoms that would indicate ordering this panel include those shown for the Adrenal Function panel plus:
- Mood disorders, depression, anxiety Addiction, dependency, Chronic illness, immune deficiency Low libido, sexual dysfunction
Peforming Lab: Labrix; LABRIX; labrix
Click here for collection instructions
Use of the straws included to "funnel" saliva into each tube is optional.
Each tube should be 3/4 full - bubbles or foam are acceptable
FILL ALL FOUR TUBES regardless of how many tests are ordered.
After each collection, place the sample in the freezer immediately.
Please dispose of straws before shipping.
Freeze the samples along with the cold pack for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight if you finish the collection at night. Keep in the freezer until you are ready to ship.
1. When you wake up and get out of bed for the day, you can collect either the 1st morning void of the day, or if doing a Neurotransmitter test, you have the option of collecting a 2nd morning void.
In the Collection Information Section of the Requisition fill in the waking time and the time that the urine was collected. Mark the collection type box: 1st or 2nd morning.
2. Collect a midstream specimen of urine in the collection cup. DO NOT urinate directly into the tube. The tube contains an acid preservative* that may irritate the skin.
3. Pour the urine into the specimen vial. Fill the vial to the fill line – do not underfill. Close vial tightly to ensure a good seal. Gently rock the tube back and forth to mix urine with the preservative.*
4. Complete the requested information on the tube label: name, date of birth, date and time of collection.
5. Place the tube inside the plastic zip-lock bag with the absorbent material and seal.
6. Freeze the urine sample for at least 4-6 hours and keep frozen with the frozen ice pack until ready to ship.
*Please note: specimen vial contains approximately 60mg of oxalic acid. Do not ingest or inhale. Wipe spills with a wet towel. In case of contact with skin, wash with soap and plenty of water. In case of accidental contact to eye or accidental contact to eye or ingestion, rinse with plenty of water. Seek medical attention if warranted.